Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A new year - literally!

It has been a year since I even checked this page - but today I am here in Lake Harmony, PA at Split Rock Resort with some of my favorite scrapping friends. We are all a little run down - sinus medicine is shared freely between friends and strangers and we are all laughing. Scrapbooking is a great way to reminisce, have some time with good friends and clean out some of your stash.

Pat Thorpe posted a challenge at her blog, Southern Breezes, and I was determined to do it this week. Her challenge was to do a white on white card - with one accent color. I took it a little to the extreme so it may not even count, but really I have always wanted to do this card that Gina K inspired me with many months ago. It isn't quite white on white, more white on black, but I am a huge fan of black so really, it doesn't matter.







I embossed Close to my Heart Black White Core cardstock with a Cuttlebug "Leafy Branch" folder. Then I sanded the design and added Prima flowers I sprayed with Glimmer Mist "Iridescent Gold." I adhered the flowers with Glossy accents and added a shiny rhinestone from Hero Arts.

Inside the sentiment reads...

"Thanks for thinking of me" from Inka dinka Doo. I got this from my Mom as part of a Christmas gift so I wanted to use it!

3 comments:

Shelia said...

Beautiful, I've always loved black. And this made for a lovely card.

Colleen said...

Thanks, Sheila. I need to break my "black" habit - I probably could have used white cardstock and tiny black accent flowers with glimmer mist but I was working on black and white layouts at a crop and just couldn't break stride.

I love your stuff! I visit your blog every week even if I don't comment. You do beautiful work!

Shelia said...

I visit with you also, and I am bad not to always comment, which is sad, because it just takes a minute, and it does make the receiver smile. I'll try to do better. I am going to fast through life, I need to slow down.